Subsonic Migration from 1.0.3 to 3.0 has issues with Performance
We have worked with subsonic from around last 4 years and I am very much impressed with how it started. It’s really easy to understand, easy to generate and easy to implement subsonic ORM. So we started using it every project in our company.
But one of our client needs upgrades from 1.0.3 to 3.0 and we started the migration process. But at the end of this process we end up cancelling the Migration and do it from 1.0.3 to 2.2.
The main issue was when we see it in profiler was the linq query creation and execution was taking more time. One of our functions when converted was 3x slower. I don’t know but it seems the development of Subsonic after Rob left might be stuck somewhere or going slow. And I searched in stackoverflow and lot of guys have this issue regarding performance with Subsonic.
I believe Subsonic is great tool and ORM but due to the fact that we could not use 3.0 and LINQ for the new projects, we might need to search something relatively near to Subsonic in implementation. Might be it’s time to try NHibernate . Or try to join the SubSonic team .