Setup Your PC for Programming in WinFx – .NET 3.0
I have just started working on .NET framework 3.0. Following are the steps that is required for setting up your machine (studio) for programming for .Net 3.0 framework.
Firstly, If your operating system is older then XP then it would not work. Also this can be only possible with Visual Studio 2005. So before doing following steps, it needs to be installed.
Following are the steps:
- Install .NET Framework 3.0. This just download the small application which in turn download and install .NET framework. It is around 30 MB.
- Install Visual Studio 2005 extensions for .NET Framework 3.0 (Windows Workflow Foundation)
- Install Visual Studio 2005 extensions for .NET Framework 3.0 (WCF & WPF), November 2006 CTP
Now you are ready to program in Visual Studio 2005. It gives you option to create .NET Framework 3.0 project in Create Project dialog.
For your better understanding, you should download Windows SDK.
Also you can attend following 3 free courses from Microsoft (Search on Google and you could found link to it – You can use the Google searchbar in my sidebar menu. )
- Clinic 5135: Introduction to Developing with Windows® Presentation Foundation and Visual Studio® 2005
- Clinic 5136: Introduction to Developing with Windows® Workflow Foundation and Visual Studio® 2005
- Clinic 5137: Introduction to Developing with Windows® Communication Foundation and Visual Studio® 2005