XBAP Application Running Problem
Today i just started with creating XBAP application on March CTP 2007 orcas release and I could not run the application. Wow…
I got following exception
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070C81): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070C81
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IsolationInterop.ParseManifest(String pszManifestPath, IManifestParseErrorCallback pIManifestParseErrorCallback, Guid& riid)
at System.ActivationContext.CreateFromNameAndManifests(ApplicationIdentity applicationIdentity, String manifestPaths)
I have searched a bit and found out that reference to System.Core is taken from 2.0 version instead of c# 3.5 version. Simply genious.
Now, how to change that… I have copied core file to gac also. Still not resolved. I am pressing my head hard to resolve this.
At last found bit strange solution. Please follow the following steps to resolve issue in March CTP or download latest Beta 1 of ORCAS :).
- Goto your
C\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\CSharp\Windows\1033
- You need to open XBAPBrowserApplication.zip file and edit .csproj file.
- Change the ToolsVersion variable from 3.5 to 2.
- Include the line <Import Project=”$(MSBuildBinPath)\Microsoft.WinFX.targets” /> under another import statement.
- Save the file and zip the file again or replace the saved file into the zip file.
- This same should be done for C\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplatesCache\CSharp\Windows\1033. This file should be replaced.
Now, it hopefully run :). ALL THE BEST !@!!!!