Archive for the ‘.NET’ Category
I received this while working with SendGrid. The issue was, we are not using Authentication before sending emails. Just set it up in our code and it works like charm.
Change the method’s message name using WebMethodAttribute or change the type’s root element using the XmlRootAttribute."
We have just received the error when we tried to return a type which contains Response behind it.
We have webmethod, UpdateStatus and we have following signature
Public Function UpdateStatus(….) as UpdateStatusResponse
But it gives us above exception when I try it using URL to access the service. Then after some debugging and googling, I found that, .NET uses internal class that uses UpdateStatusResponse. If I change the name to UpdateStatusResult and error gone
Just going through Subsonic blog and got my eye on Rob’s current work. It’s worth looking Videos about today’s developers life
We have worked with subsonic from around last 4 years and I am very much impressed with how it started. It’s really easy to understand, easy to generate and easy to implement subsonic ORM. So we started using it every project in our company.
But one of our client needs upgrades from 1.0.3 to 3.0 and we started the migration process. But at the end of this process we end up cancelling the Migration and do it from 1.0.3 to 2.2.
The main issue was when we see it in profiler was the linq query creation and execution was taking more time. One of our functions when converted was 3x slower. I don’t know but it seems the development of Subsonic after Rob left might be stuck somewhere or going slow. And I searched in stackoverflow and lot of guys have this issue regarding performance with Subsonic.
I believe Subsonic is great tool and ORM but due to the fact that we could not use 3.0 and LINQ for the new projects, we might need to search something relatively near to Subsonic in implementation. Might be it’s time to try NHibernate . Or try to join the SubSonic team .
You might be using 32bit dll on 64bit machine. You can change project settings to compile it for specific target platform.
could not load file or assembly ‘microsoft.practices.objectbuilder’ or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057)
Cleared the temporary file and problem is resolved
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\MyWebService